Fourth year School of Architecture jury in the Yale University Art Gallery, 1960. Front row, left to right: Philip Johnson, Paul Rudolph, and Vincent Scully. Photograph by Stanley Tigerman. © Yale University.
The Yale School of Architecture’s photographic collection consists of photographs pertaining to faculty and student work and life at the School of Architecture . Records of the Yale School of Architecture and its predecessor, the Yale School of Architecture and Fine Arts, are part of the Yale University Archives and are held in the Department of Manuscripts and Archives at Sterling Memorial Library. They include photographs relating to the history of the schools, their buildings (exterior and interior), exhibition installations and openings, symposia and lectures, reviews, the Yale Building Project, faculty, and students.
The collections include black-and-white silver gelatin prints, slides, and digital images, and likely include chromogenic prints. However, since the School of Architecture’s collections include items dating back to 1832, it is possible that other photographic processes are included.